Lake Charles, LA –
On August 13 Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office Sex Offender Unit detectives arrested convicted sex offender, John A. Arceneaux, 49, Lake Charles, after an investigation revealed he failed to comply with his sex offender registration requirements.
During the investigation it was discovered Arceneaux failed to report to his quarterly in person registration on two occasions, once in April and once in July, making him in violation of his sex offender registration requirements. On August 3 detectives issued a warrant signed by Judge Tony Fazzio for Arceneaux’s arrest.
On August 13 he was located, arrested and booked into the Calcasieu Correctional Center and charged with 2 counts of failure to register as a sex offender 2nd offense. His bond is set at $100,000.
Arceneaux has the following convictions:
· 1990 – indecent behavior with a juvenile in Acadia Parish
· 1992 – sexual battery in Acadia Parish
· 1993 – carnal knowledge of a juvenile in Vermillion Parish
· 2001 – indecent behavior with a juvenile in Acadia Parish
· 2010 – failure to register as a sex offender in Acadia Parish
· 2012 – indecent behavior with a juvenile in Calcasieu Parish
CPSO Detective Lisa Trahan is the lead investigator on this case.